Sensor Manufacturing Engineer
STS Sensor Technik Sirnach AG is a leading provider of customized pressure measurement solutions worldwide for more than 30 years. Headquartered in Sirnach, Switzerland, our expanding team in the USA, Germany, Italy, France, and China is passionate about identifying the specific needs of our customers and providing the best-customized solutions.
PMC-STS, Inc. our US subsidiary is a global leader in innovative technical solutions for the design of transmitters and transducers for the measurement of pressure, level, vacuum, and other measurands.
What We’re Looking For…
Sensor Manufacturing Engineer - PMC-STS, Inc., Danbury, CT
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
What You Will Do…
- Performs engineering duties in the planning and production of sensors, tools, machines, and other mechanically-functioning equipment.
- Read and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Use of CAD, Solid Works, and 3D printing.
- Create drawings, bills of materials, manufacturing instructions, tooling, fixturing, and other support documentation in accordance with PMC-STS, Inc. standard operating procedures.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet engineering and manufacturing requirements.
- Confer with others to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine inaccuracies, system malfunctions, and operator errors.
- Conduct research that test or analyze the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operations, and make recommendations to the maintenance crew.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications, and the necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components and direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Participate in design reviews focusing on producibility, resource allocation, and NRE expenses.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
*PMC-STS, Inc. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- SolidWorks (or equivalent) 3D modeling, drawings, and analysis.
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Operations analysis
- Time management
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
PMC-STS, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid if a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PMC-STS, Inc. PMC-STS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
PMC STS, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.