Service & Return Policy
Download printable version »
- Returned Material Authorization (RMA) – An RMA must be issued by PMC prior to any product being returned to PMC regardless of warranty status. RMA numbers may be obtained by contacting our Customer Services Dept. An RMA Request Form may be found on our website. Once the RMA number is obtained, it must be clearly marked on the outside of the shipping container. Should a product be returned to PMC without an RMA number marked on the package, it may be returned to the sender.
- Warranty – Warranty status will be determined in accordance with the criteria defined in PMC Conditions of Sale which can be found on our website here. While the warranty period is defined as 12 months for most products, warranty returns will be accepted for evaluation up to 18 months after shipment. For products that include a Titanium housing, PMC provides a 5-year corrosion warranty and therefore Titanium products will be accepted as a warranty return for evaluation up to 5 years from the date of shipment. It should be noted that products that are within the warranty period may have failed for reasons other than those covered by our product warranty. All defects in materials or workmanship are covered over the warranty period. Misapplication, misuse, abuse, damage, etc are not covered by our warranty.
- Calibration – PMC offers a calibration service for all relevant PMC products.
Products including PMC Pneumatic Transmitters PT & LT Series and the Seal Gauges / Switches SGB & SGB SW Series will be cleaned and calibrated. A Calibration Certificate with traceability statement (no test data) will be returned with the product. Test data may be obtained for an additional fee.
Analog Electronic Products including the PT/EL, MIN-PT/EL, PT12, MIN/S, DP/EL, and PT/EL-DS Series will be cleaned and calibrated, this service also includes replacing the isolation diaphragm and retaining ring as necessary. A Calibration Certificate with traceability statement (no test data) will be returned with the product. Test data may be obtained for an additional fee.
Smart Electronic Products with HART protocol including the SMT/EL, SMT-MIN-PT/EL, and SMTPT/EL-DS Series will be cleaned and calibrated, this service also includes replacing the isolation diaphragm and retaining ring as necessary. A Calibration Certificate with traceability statement (no test data) will be returned with the product. Test data may be obtained for an additional fee.
Other traditional pressure/temperature transmitters including the VT, VB, IMP, TM, ATM, PTM, DTM, TS, AS, ASL, ASMP, ASLH, ASLHT, ASM, and ASMT Series will be cleaned and calibrated. A Calibration Certificate with NIST traceability statement and test data will be returned with the product.
PMC Submersible Level Transmitters including the VersaLine, TM-N, ATM-N, PTM-N and DTM-N Series will be cleaned and calibrated. A Calibration Certificate with NIST traceability statement and test data will be returned with the product.
Please contact the factory for pricing. Product must be returned with a Purchase Order in the amount of the service required. Products received without a Purchase Order may be returned to the sender.
In cases where a product is returned for calibration only and PMC is unable to calibrate it and/or it is found to need reconditioning prior to calibration, PMC will contact the initiator and advise further actions.
- Reconditioning – PMC offers a reconditioning service for many of the products we manufacture. The reconditioning service includes taking reasonable steps to restore the product to good, working condition. For example, we may replace or repair failed components or sub-assemblies, clean housings, make adjustments, etc. with the aim of restoring the product to meet original performance specifications. We will improve cosmetic appearance by cleaning the housings. This service also includes the calibration service defined above in section 3.
In order for the product to be eligible for reconditioning, it must meet the following criteria:
- The product must be from one of the following product series: PT, LT, SGB, SGB-SW, PT/EL, MINPT/EL, MIN/S, DP/EL, PT/EL-DS, SMT/EL, SMT-MIN-PT/EL, or SMT-PT/EL-DS, PMC Accessories
- The product must be returned within 5 years of the date of manufacture. This is because product improvements, component obsolescence, and/or design compatibility issues prohibit the economical reconditioning of older products to current standards.
- Product must be returned with a Purchase Order in the amount of the service required. Products received without a Purchase Order may be returned to the sender.
- The factory may determine that a product is not eligible for reconditioning if it is in too poor a condition to be restored with reasonable parts and labor.
- VersaLine Submersible Transmitters are not eligible for reconditioning because the design features that enhance reliability, such as internally-potted and fully-welded enclosures, prevent servicing.
- Reconditioned product will be returned with a certificate stating that it has been reconditioned and meets published performance specifications.
Please contact the factory for pricing.
If a customer would like to return a product that is not listed above, please contact the factory.
- Failure Analysis Reports – Should the customer require a failure analysis report for returned product, it must be requested prior to the return of the product. The customer is responsible to provide a detailed description of the failure, including application information, symptoms of the malfunction, and environmental conditions when the failure occurred.
PMC will take reasonable steps to determine the root cause of the failure experienced. These steps can include, visual inspection, checking calibration at zero, span, and mid-point, checking calibration at temperature, measuring electrical isolation, short-term data-logging, disassembly, and electrical testing during disassembly to isolate the failure. A report describing our findings will be included. If the cause of the failure cannot be conclusively determined, any applicable failure analysis fees will be waived.
Please note that our standard failure analysis does not include advanced diagnostic services such as extended data-logging, testing performance over multiple temperatures, pressure or temperature cycling, metallurgical or chemical analysis, etc.
Please contact the factory for pricing.
Special investigations are agreed on a case by case basis. Please contact the factory for more information.
- Disposal of Returned Product – If a product is rendered unusable after failure analysis, destructive testing, disassembly, dissection, etc. or if a customer elects not to pay reconditioning charges and would prefer to retire the product from service, or if the customer does not respond within a reasonable time period, the product will be scrapped locally at PMC. If the customer would like the parts returned to them, they must notify PMC within 30 days from completion of the return. In this case, the customer is responsible to pay return shipping charges.