Pulp Process / Mechanical
- Electronic Pressure, Level and Vacuum Transmitter - Stainless Steel Cover w/ Cable Version
- Miniature Electronic Pressure Transmitter - Terminal Head Version
- Smart Miniature Electronic Pressure Transmitter - Stainless Steel Terminal Head Version
- Smart Electronic Pressure, Level and Vacuum Transmitter - Terminal Head Version
- Slimline Miniature Electronic Pressure Transmitter - Cable Version
Debarked logs or wood chips and hot water are forced between enormous rotating steel discs with teeth that literally tear the wood apart. Mechanical pulp yields over 90% of the wood as fiber. However, because the lignin (the binding material which holds the cellulose fibers together) is not chemically broken down, the resulting paper tends to discolor and lose strength with time. In addition, this process requires substantial amounts of energy.
PMC transmitters with remote flush-mount sensor are ideal to measure the pressure drop across the digester. This gives an indication of when the digester becomes plugged. The Remote Electronics Option handles high heat and vibration associated with digesters and the ceramic sensing diaphragm resists abrasion from the coarse stock.
In addition, PMC flush-mount standard and miniature diaphragm transmitters are used to measure water/chemical and stock levels.